Sunday, April 28, 2019

Chapter 60

As soon as he walked into his hotel room, he pulled his phone from his bag and requested a video chat with Sarah. He wanted to tell her everything about tonight's concert, how great it had been and how excited he had felt during it.

He waited for his phone to connect to Sarah's as he sat down on the bed and looked for the remote to watch some TV.

"Hey." He finally heard her voice from the phone and looked over at her instead of the TV.
"Hi sweetheart." He smiled at her, captured at how beautiful she always looked. "How are you doing?"
She smiled back at him. "I'm fine. How was your show?"
Richie sighed. "It was great." He said.
"Yeah?"
"Yeah, it was great." He repeated before continuing. "The crowd was awesome too and just being on stage again, it's a pretty good feeling."
She smiled at him again. "I know."
"Oh," he said quickly, "the best part was having Jon play my song. My own song."
Sarah chuckled, sure of how it made him feel. "Which song did you decide on?"
"We did Every Road, I figured that's the newest and most known right now."
"That's true. I like that song too."
He knew that as well.
"So is Jon letting you play it every night?"
"Yes, he is but I will probably switch up the song and play something else, make Jon learn more songs to pick from."
"Sarah laughed again. "Are you having fun?"
"For once, I get to tell him what to do. It's nice." He watched Sarah for a second. "Where are you?"
She quickly turned her camera around. "I'm with Daniel. He's not wanting to sleep so I sat down to play with him." She called him to make him look at his daddy but Daniel gave no reaction and continued on with his toys.
"He's so cute." Richie sighed as he watched Daniel ignore him but it didn't matter to him. His son looked happy as he stacked his blocks and that's what mattered to him.

Their conversation turned to every day conversation about their family but also about performing and how Tico was doing while they went on with the tour. Soon enough, Richie was paying more attention to the TV than he was to his phone as Sarah kept Daniel occupied. It was nice knowing the other person was still there, it made him feel closer to them. There had been many nights where he had been watching TV as Sarah played with Daniel or was somewhere else in the house. Right now, it almost felt like that.

"Richie?"
He finally looked back at his phone. "Yeah?"
"I think I'm going to take Daniel to bed. Do you want to hang up or wait?"
"I don't mind waiting." He said as he watched his screen show various parts of the room, Sarah and Daniel as she got up and picked up their son.
Sarah faced the screen again. "Okay, I can just carry you around with me and you can get Daniel to sleep for me."
"I would love to." He said as he could see Sarah walk up the stairs as she carried Daniel to bed. "Do I get to watch you go to sleep too?"
She chuckled. "That sounds kind of creepy."
"To watch you sleep?"
"Yeah, that's creepy."
"Okay. I'll just watch you change for bed then."
Sarah chuckled again. "How about Daniel goes to bed first?"

He could see she had laid her phone down as she took care of Daniel as he now could only see the ceiling of Daniel's bedroom on the screen, momentarily, he watched TV again. It wasn't a very interesting show but it was keeping him occupied nonetheless.

"Still there?" Sarah's voice came again.
"Still here." He confirmed.
She turned her camera again and showed Daniel comfortably in his crib, ready to go to sleep. His heart melted a little bit as he watched his son with his sleepy eyes.
"I think he'll doze off soon." Sarah turned on the small lamp in the room and left the room, taking Richie with her to their bedroom.
"I get to watch you get ready for bed now?" He asked excitedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment