Friday, June 19, 2015

Chapter 46

"Richie?" Sarah whispered.

He heard his name from afar, a shady distance that he couldn't quite reach just yet.

"Honey?"

She sounded to closer to him, her voice clearer and sweet as it always was. He felt a warm hand cover his cheek, he leaned into it and slowly opened his eyes noticing Sarah looking down at him.

"Alright there?" She asked.
He rubbed his eyes and looked up. "I'm sorry, I fell asleep."
"Yeah," she agreed, "what's got you so tired?"
Moving to face her, he stretched, heard a few joints pop but felt better and more awake. "I don't know, just tired."
"Everyone's tired today. Ava's in her room, so is Noah. Why aren't they in school?"
"Oh Ava got into some argument and got sent home." Richie explained quickly.
"What about Noah? I keep trying to ask him what's wrong, he can barely move but he says he's fine."
Richie nodded, "yeah that's why I figured I'd let him stay home. Muscle pains or something, growing pains."
Sarah let it slide, assuming it was reasonable. "What happened with Ava then?"
He sighed and sat up on the couch. "She defended somebody else and got into trouble for doing so."
A small smile appeared on her face. "Ava's a good girl."

Richie nodded, then grabbed his wife's hand and gently pulled her to sit down next to him. He leaned in slowly and kissed her soft lips, his moving to her belly where their child was still growing.

"Danny taking a nap?" He asked in between kisses and noticed Sarah nodding her answer as they continued their kisses.

After a few minutes, he pulled back, looking down at her, mesmerized by her beauty. The love he felt towards her was still as strong as when he asked her to marry him.

"I love you baby."
She smiled, kissed him gently, "I love you too."
He pulled her close and cuddled. "How's being pregnant today? Resting enough?"
Sarah sighed, "Of course I am, I've got nothing to do all day but play with Danny."
"He's happy with the attention."
Sarah shrugged. "Sometimes he just looks like he doesn't care for it. I'm not sure if he's interested in playing sometimes."
"So he just wants to cuddle and relax."
Shaking her head, she answered, "no not even that. He'll avoid looking at me, like he spaces out and just stares at his toys instead of playing."
"So he's sleepy."
She sighed. "I guess."
"Let him be, he's growing up, almost a year old now."
"Did you get his present yet?" Sarah remembered.
"I thought you wanted to come with me to get it?"
"Bed rest." Sarah pointed out.
"One day out will be fine." Richie answered quickly. "You know what? I'll find somebody to watch him for a day and we'll go out together, get him his birthday presents, get everything for a party and if we're lucky and have some time left over, we could spend it together, just the two of us. No kids, just us."
Sarah smiled. "That sounds nice." She reached in and kissed him gently again. Her husband, still as sweet as always, a little more stressed but still just as sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment